Anyone that has joined us in the clinic has probably heard the great news! We have moved to a new Electronic Medical Record provider and we can’t wait to share with you some of its amazing new features. Over the last month, we have been working tirelessly swapping out our old medical records, and now it’s time to unleash the beast. This post will discuss the privacy and security of your health records, online booking and some of the amazing new tools we all have to share.
Privacy and Security
Before we dive into some of these new tools, we want to address the safety and security of your medical records. The new system is completely compliant with PIPEDA, Canada’s laws surrounding patient privacy and security, and Ontario’s PHIPA laws around health information. Patient privacy is extremely important to us. To ensure we followed through on our beliefs, the merging of all medical information to the new system was handled completely internally. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to ask.
LiveActive will be allowing online booking for most of it’s Non-OHIP covered services. This includes booking for physiotherapy, chiropractors, and massage therapy. We cannot offer online booking for Dr. Laura Cruz, or our other sport medicine doctors, at this time. There is often important information relating to OHIP covered visits that need to be discussed prior to scheduling. To book with Dr. Cruz, please call the clinic at 416 201 9777 and we will be happy to organize an appointment that suits your schedule.
Creating an Account:
To create an account, follow the link below to access our online booking page:
Register an account through email, facebook, Gmail or twitter. Whichever you use more regularly is probably the best one.
Once registered you will be able to see our staff listed by discipline. Select the clinician and the appointment that is right for you.
Features of your Account:
- Booking Online: Pick your therapist, pick your appointment. Find the time that suits your schedule
- Upcoming appointments: View all of your upcoming appointments
- Appointment History: Review your previous appointments, print receipts to send to insurance companies
- Intake Forms: Intake forms are now completed online. Review yours to see if all of your medical information is up to date
- Documents: If your therapist has given you exercises, find them here. No more excuses for losing your exercise sheet
- Reminder preferences: If you want to be notified a week in advance by email or 2 hours before your appointment by text message, find and select your reminder preferences here.
There is more to this system than booking online, it allows you to let us know if you want to hear about the latest at LiveActive Sport Medicine. We are not a multinational retailer and definitely won’t be blasting emails out daily. We do try and keep our patients informed of any new programming at LiveActive. This just gives us a voice to brag about how proud we of our team and their continued efforts to help as many people as possible.
We are always happy to help. If you are having any challenges setting up your account, or a quick overview of how to book online, we’re here to make that happen.